Monday, April 26, 2010

Cookie By The Slice

Alright, so you've learned from the previous post that I've become interested in cooking lately. You've also learned that I'm still learning. Or if you didn't pick that up, the point will be driven home today.

I made oatmeal cookies this weekend or maybe I should say "an oatmeal cookie". In my defense, let the record show that I successfully made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies last week.

However, when the timer went off...

My neat little spoonfuls of cookie dough turned into this:


We had to cut them with a pizza cutter and it wasn't easy. Let's just say you had to work for each piece of cookie. One could throw out their back just chiseling off a piece. They did taste really great. Joey said I should rename them "Oatmeal Crispies" and no one would know the difference, but I'm into honesty here and I wouldn't want to deprive you of a laugh at my expense.

I imagine this is how someone first "discovered" the Cookie Cake. Yeah, yeah...that's right I meant do that. I was making an oatmeal cookie cake. I'm onto you, Cookie Cake Inventor, but the good news is that I can be bribed. I like chocolate.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man the exact same thing happened to us a few weekends ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one making "cookie cakes"! :)

    ReplyDelete